RemOnline Inventory Stock Take
RemOnline team has spent a considerable effort on the inventory stock take, and we are proud to present this update to you.
The stock take process is generally considered lengthy and complicated. With RemOnline, your stock take is nothing but a simple, convenient, and flexible process. RemOnline inventory stock take introduces a set of unique features:
- Partial and full inventory stock take;
- 4 ways to perform a stock take, so you can select one of your preferences;
- stock take drafts. These are the perfect opportunity to save the intermediate results and resume the stock take later;
- Stock balance settlements via postings, product write-offs, and transfers;
- Printing all needed acts and documents.
Let's consider each feature of the RemOnline Inventory Stock Take Module in detail.
Partial and full inventory stock take
Let's start with an initial configuration. Navigate to the "Inventory > Stocktakes" page and hit the + stock take button.
This opens a stock take dialog window. Here are the parameters you want to set up:
- Full or partial stock take. Define whether you want to select warehouse cells, product categories for your stock take process, or you need a full stock take;
- Product grouping type. You can group your products in a general list or by cells (if you are using address storage).
Select the general list option if you just need to compare the actual product quantity with the accounted one and settle discrepancies. Opt for warehouse cell grouping (if you are using address storage) to organize your warehouse entirely and have full control of product storage.
Hit the Start button to open the stock take dialog with further information as soon as you configure these 2 parameters. Here, you can see the target warehouse, product grouping type, stock take settings (product categories and warehouse cells).
This is it, the initial stock take configuration is over. Let's get down to the actual stock take process.
RemOnline Inventory stock take methods
RemOnline exposes a flexible stock take functionality providing you with 4 approaches to perform a stock take:
- Blind stock take. This is the simplest solution if you have a barcode scanner and all your products are equipped with labels. Just scan the product labels you have in your warehouse. Here at RemOnline, we care about your stock take effectiveness. This is why we created a sound indicator that signals each time you successfully scan a barcode. If the system doesn't make the sound, look on your display for more info.
- Stock balance export/import. Export your product list into Excel file, fill out the actual product quantity, serial numbers, and import the file back into the system.
- Paper sheet stock take. This approach allows you to perform a stock take offline, and then enter the results to the RemOnline system. Just print the stock balances, enter the actual quantity, and fill out the table rows where accounted quantity does not match the actual stock balances.
- Stock balances list upload. Fill out the table with the accounting product list and the actual stock balances.
Working with the search input
The search input is the key tool for your stock take, as you use it to add products. The search system finds your products by code, vendor code, product name, barcode, or serial number. Let's consider each search option in detail.
Adding products by barcode
Barcode is the unique product identifier, so it's the simplest way to add products. The system automatically adds a product to a table if you enter a valid barcode (scan or enter manually).
Adding products by name, code, or vendor code
The search system looks for products matching the entered product name, code, or vendor code. It displays all found items and allows you to select the one you need from the list (even if it is a single product).
Every time you add a product to the list, RemOnline searches for it in the list and - if it already exists in the list - increments its quantity. This way, if you scan the same barcode 3 times, the system adds 3 items of the same product to a table.
Stock take drafts
You can always save intermediate stock take results with the "Save as a draft button" if you have an enormous warehouse or just don't have enough time to finish a stock take.
This creates a stock take draft document without a number on the "Inventory > Stocktakes" page. It is visible only to a creator.
You can always return to a draft and finish the saved stock take process.
Stock take results
The system creates a document for a completed stock take as soon as you hit the Complete the stock take button.
The stock take document consists of the following elements:
- stock take number and date;
- General stock take information. Warehouse, product categories, employee name, total product amount, the product balances that match the accounting information, amounts of shortages and excesses;
- stock take results table. The product list, total accounting quantity, actual stock balance, and discrepancies.
Filter the stock take results table to display all products, only shortages, or only excesses. You can also hide the resolved products, print, and export a configured results format (the one you generated with filters).
It is always nice to see resolved stock take results with no shortages and excesses. However, if you find these issues, you can settle your stock balances.
Stock take settlement
Settling your stock take results is a crucial part of any stock take.
Hit the stock take settlement button to open a settlement dialog window with the following information:
- stock take target warehouse and location;
- Amounts of shortages and excesses. As the system settles the results, the amount of resolved items increases;
- The write-off, posting, and transfer documents associated with a stock take appear as you settle the results;
- The settlement chart with a percentage of resolved issues. Its value increases as you settle the results;
- The list of all discrepancies you can write-off, post, or transfer.
The stock take settlement may take a while at the start because you need to investigate the issue and figure out what causes the problem. If you find the missing products after a stock take generation, just leave a corresponding comment and mark the product as resolved. After that, proceed with a stock take settlement.
There are 5 discrepancy categories: shortage, excess, products in the other warehouses and cells, products of other categories, and unknown products. Let's see how to settle each of these discrepancy types.
You can settle shortages with a write-off. To do so, check the needed product row checkboxes and hit the + Write-off button. RemOnline automatically adds all selected products with shortage quantities. You can manually edit the write-off list.
To date, the write-off is the only solution to shortage discrepancy. As soon as we introduce the balances and netting functionality, the + Sale button will appear to sell the discrepancy products to a financially responsible employee.
Excess is the opposite of a shortage, and you can settle it with a posting. To do so, check the needed product row checkboxes and hit the + Posting button. RemOnline automatically adds all selected products with excess quantities.
You can manually edit the posting item quantities, prices, and print product labels right away. RemOnline allows you to post products to the warehouse cell you found them in (if you enabled the product grouping by cells).
Products in other warehouse and cells
This table contains only serial numbers of the products because these are the only identifies of the proper item location. Just select the needed products with checkboxes and hit the + Transfer button. RemOnline automatically adds these where you found them (to the warehouses and cells) in the transfer document.
Note: you can transfer products only from a single warehouse.
Products of other categories
This discrepancy category is available only if you are performing a stock take by a specific product category. If you are sure the product belongs to this exact category, open a product card and switch the product category the system uses for accounting. And don't forget to check the Settled checkbox for a resolved product.
Compared to excess discrepancies, you cannot post unknown products in bulk. You need to post each item separately and check it with a Settled checkbox manually. We recommend you to leave comments for such products with posting document numbers.
The system records each write-off, posting, and transfer operation in the list of documents associated with a stock take. Learn more about the stock take settlement in our Knowledge Base.
You can always print the stock take a settlement document to see the remaining problems. Continue settling discrepancies until the settlement chart displays 100% of resolved issues.
We believe this update significantly simplifies the stock take process for our users. Hope you enjoy it. Find out about other updates in the new RemOnline here.